Re: Bug/SegFault in vdr-1.4.6

On 5/15/07, Patrick Cernko <errror@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
_VDR_ crashes when starting a timer while mplayer-Plugin is running.
That's because vdr had to close the device to let mplayer open it. When
the recording starts, vdr tries to open the device but fails:
-> emergency restart -> close mplayer-Plugin -> quit mplayer.

I always thought of rewriting the plugin to write the video data
directly to the device instead of letting mplayer do it. I already had
parts of the code in the recoder-tools. Now I bought a second card and
the problem is gone, so is my ambition to write this code. :-(

It's too bad you never finished rewriting that plugin cuz there's a
ton of people who would be using it right now if you did.  Multi-card
setups definitely don't seem to be the majority.