Re: Bug/SegFault in vdr-1.4.6

Wednesday, May 16, 2007, 12:37:35 AM, VDR wrote:
> Another problem with crashing occurs when you are watching something
> with the mplayer plugin and a timer is triggered.  Results in a crash
> every time here.  I don't understand why it happens though because
> playing something like a .avi doesn't (or shouldn't) require the tuner
> to be in use...  You're playing a file, not something from the dvb
> stream!

I noticed kind of the same problem in 1.4.x. As far as I can remember
VDR crashed not just when a timer started but also when the timer was
about to be completed.
Anyway, I'm not exactly sure how I got rid off it since I've changed a
lot of settings since then, but I think it has something to do with the
DVB setting "Update channels" - even though I couldn't find any correlation
when I checked the sources.
Try setting "Update channels" to "no" and see if VDR still crashes while
using mplayer when a timer starts.

--
Chris