Freezes with Reiserfs

Sven Schwyn wrote:
> However, I've seen that some people had issues a few years ago with
> ReiserFS (which I'm using, too). Now, I'm wondering if anybody using
> ReiserFS had system freezes as well.

I had issues, and I'm still using Reiser3 for my video storage.

On slow platforms, with a stressed out file system, Reiser may be
CPU-limited on throughput. But you have to run VDR for a long time with
disk almost full, and with lots of recordings coming and going to get
that level of fragmentation. And I'm not convinced that other file
systems would do better in these situations.

Beside that, Reiser3 works fine for me. No total freezes I know of.

Cheers,

Udo