Hard link cutter [was: Suggestion: High speed cutting]

Matthias Schwarzott wrote:
> Another thing that comes to my mind, but is sure hard to implement:
> If I do two or more simultanous recordings from the same channel, why couldn't
> VDR record this to the same file, and hardlink it to both directories. That
> would reduce the need to create one long recording, if one would like to
> record two or more shows that are broadcasted one after the other.

This would indeed be very difficult to implement. The practical
advantage however would probably be minimal. Its usually not a
performance problem to do parallel recording, and there's no need for it
except overlapping timers. And these overlaps of 15 minutes or so are
not worth the effort.

Cheers,

Udo