Hard link cutter [was: Suggestion: High speed cutting]

On Sonntag, 18. M?rz 2007, Reinhard Nissl wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Richard Lithvall wrote:
> > Why not just change the naming of video files to four, five or even
> > eight digits?
>
> The problem is not the file name, it's the index file. An index entry
> stores the file number as "uchar", which allows 256 recording files.

I do not know if the index file has a signature/magic-code at the start. If
yes, it should be easy to define a new index-format with Longer integers for
the file number.

Another thing that comes to my mind, but is sure hard to implement:
If I do two or more simultanous recordings from the same channel, why couldn't
VDR record this to the same file, and hardlink it to both directories. That
would reduce the need to create one long recording, if one would like to
record two or more shows that are broadcasted one after the other.

Matthias

--
Matthias Schwarzott (zzam)