vdr doesn't recognise some remote keys when using LIRC

I'm using a lirc setup with inputlircd daemon with a hauppauge remote
on a dvb card. Everything works with the remote plugins using /dev/
input/eventX, but I'm trying to share the remote with several
applications.

For some reason when trying to learn keys with LIRC, when I'm running
the inputlircd daemon, VDR refuses to react to them. I can see the
keys being interpreted properly with irw. Does anyone know why this
can be?

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir@xxxxxxxxx