Handling of temporarily encrypted channels

Stone wrote:

>      > Is there an easy way to fix this?
>
>     Edit the file dvbdevice.c, insert a line "return true;" at the
>     beginning
>     of the method cDvbDevice::ProvidesCa.
>     With this modification you can tune to encoded channels, however you'll
>     never see a "channel not available", you'll just see a black screen.
>     This, btw, also solves the problem of channels that declare they're
>     scrambled when they aren't.
>

> With this modification to dvbdevice.c, I wonder if VDR will still crash
> when a timer goes off on a channel and all the sudden it becomes
> encrypted.  This would normally cause a broken data stream and VDR would
> do an emergency exit.
>
> Regards.

I remember these crashes with VDR 1.2.6 but if I'm not wrong there are
no restarts any more with 1.4.5. If a channel gets encrypted during live
view, the picture just freezes. Then I can safely switch to another
channel manually. If the encryption starts during a recording, the
recording just stops. But now I'm not so sure any more because VDR could
just have restarted without me noticing. And after the restart it
doesn't continue the recording because now the CA value is set in the
channels.conf

Ondrej ...