mplayer does not work properly

Pasi Juppo wrote:
>> Niko Mikkila wrote:

>>> It could also be that the clip has AC3 or DTS audio, and MPlayer is
>>> configured to handle them in a different way (passthrough). Can't think
>>> of any other reason for the problem.
>> Usually AC3 and DTS works just fine. Stream is sent to amplifier who
>> decodes it. But, I need to check this further when I have more time..
>
> Video clips were using AC3. They have used to work fine so I downgraded
> to mplayer 1.0 pre 8 and now the audio gets passed through to the
> amplifier via FF card.
>
> The same mplayer.sh.conf works with pre8 but not with rc1. I added hwdts
> to AC3 output configuration but this has nothing to do with AC3 anyway
> and had not effect on the matter.
>
>From the log that mplayer.sh produces I cannot find reason why it fails.

Now I got more log from SVN version of mplayer:

[AO OSS] Can't set audio device /dev/dsp to ac3 output, trying s16le...
AO: [oss] 48000Hz 2ch s16le (2 bytes per sample)
[format] Sample format big-endian AC3 not yet supported
[libaf] Reinitialization did not work, audio filter 'format' returned
error code -2
Couldn't find matching filter/ao format!

With pre8 version this error does not come.

Br, Pasi