mplayer does not work properly

Niko Mikkila wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Feb 2007 22:58:57 +0200
> Pasi Juppo <pasi.juppo@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Strange that it works fine on the server and both have the same setup of
>> codecs. Have to check further.
>
> It could also be that the clip has AC3 or DTS audio, and MPlayer is
> configured to handle them in a different way (passthrough). Can't think
> of any other reason for the problem.

Usually AC3 and DTS works just fine. Stream is sent to amplifier who
decodes it. But, I need to check this further when I have more time..

>>> Have you tried the current support in mplayer.sh?
>>
>> No, I was under impression that DVD menu navigation is not supported.
>> Have to recheck this too then.
>
> Well, there's no navigation support, but personally I prefer the MPlayer way :)
> Don't know how it works with the MPlayer plugin though, that's why I asked.

Ah, you mean hardcore way. OK, it's not really bad but sometimes (well,
seldom actually) menus are good (varies a lot between movies).

I'll check this anyway again. I've been using DVD plugin but the picture
quality is far from good. I've been thinking of Xine with xinelibout due
to good deinterlace features but if mplayer supports this then I can
still use FF card with mpegpes output (I still have normal TV).

Br, Pasi