df_xine and Xine-Plugin

Hi,

> in a previous post, someone here gave me the tip to use df_xine with
> DirectFB. That works pretty good, beside the osd behaviour.
>
> There is no problem when looking normal television on my 4:3 german tv.
> But when I switch to a channel with a movie in 16:9, the OSD gets
> squeezed together and it is a pain to read it. I saw the options in the
> plugin setup, but I don?t believe that this behaviour is normal!?
>
> When I start df_xine with ?a 4:3, the 16:9 movie ist shown in 4:3
> fullscreen mode on my tv (picture gets streched) that also does not look
> good.
>
> I saw posts on this mailing lists from people who start df_xine with ?a
> 5:4, don?t 16:9 movies look streched that way? The OSD always uses
> fullscreen this way, that?s the positive thing.

Maybe a xine post plugin like "expand" would be solution to this issue.
It adds a black bar on top and bottom of the 16:9 movie so that the
resulting image is 4:3.

A quick glance at the source of df_xine showed me, that df_xine lacks
support to specify post plugins for xine-lib on the command line.

Just give fbxine a try to verify that the expand plugin is what you are
looking for before you start porting the post plugin support from fbxine
to df_xine, which shouldn't be too complicated ;-)

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@xxxxxx