Re: vdr diseqc equivalence of szap diseqc n ?

Hi,

Gregoire Favre wrote:

> maybe my hardware is not optimal : running a simple bash command :

Which three cards do you have?

card 0:
card 1:
card 2:

> for j in `seq 0 2`;do for i in `seq 1 12`; do szap -a $j -x -n $i ; date
> ;done;done > TUNING.log
>
> And then grep FE_HAS_LOCK TUNING.log |wc
> 28     448    2212
>
> Which show I miss some lock ???

If I didn't drop a line while analysing the output, it seems that card 0
locks always, card 1 misses some locks and card 2 misses more locks.

To test whether this is a switch or card issue, would you mind permuting
 the cables on your cards?

For example: plug the cable on card 0 into card 2 and vice versa and run
the test again. If card 2 locks always now, then it looks like a switch
issue.

With the original configuration, what happens if you run the inner szap
loop in parallel on the three cards?

> I got lots of "cx88[1]/2-mpeg: cx8802_timeout" in syslogd.

Hhm, a quick look into cx88-mpeg.c shows that a DMA transfer timed out
in this case. Don't know what this means. Maybe a driver developer can
tell you more.

BTW: what has changed in your setup recently, as I you didn't report
such issues in the past?

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl