SetPlayMode() on radio channels

On Wednesday 31 January 2007 14:13, Thiemo wrote:
> Am Freitag, 26. Januar 2007 15:32 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> > Thiemo wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > is there a special reason that SetPlayMode() is always called with
> > > "pmAudioVideo" even on radio channels instead of pmAudioOnly or
> > > pmAudioOnlyBlack? It would make things much easier if it would do
> > > so (for displaying a background image).
> > > Can you give me a hint where I could change this?
> >
> > "pmAudioVideo" is the default play mode for VDR, and by itself VDR
> > doesn't use anything else. This was introduced in case a plugin
> > wants to implement a player that needs a different play mode.
> >
> > When replaying a recording, VDR sets up a cDvbPlayerControl in
>
> maybe you got me wrong - i don't want this for replaying a recording
> but for live-broadcasts. (although replaying is an issue i did not
> think about yet).
>
> currently its realy a pain finding out if a stream is audio-only or not
> in the mpeg-player (where it does not belong imho).

What would be nice is something like bool cRecording::IsRadio(). I was
going to have a go at incorporating the code posted on this thread the
other day by Reinhard Nissl but haven't got round to it yet.

This could then also be used when determining recording lengths, skipping,
etc. rather than treating all timings as video.

Having said that, I tried to record a couple of sample bits of a radio
channel the other day and they were pretty broken.

:(

Do radio recordings still work for other people or have I managed to break
something?! I used to make quite a few but haven't done so in a while.
This is vdr-1.5.0 and softdevice cvs.

Cheers,

Laz