VDR-on-Mac patches

On 29.1.2007 19:23, "Martin Wache" <M.Wache@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Tero,
>
> Tero Siironen schrieb:
>> I've made patches for VDR 1.4.5 and few plugins (Subtitles, streamdev and
>> xineliboutput, softdevice) to run them on Mac OS X (10.4.8 Intel tested)
>>
> Funny, a friend, Stefan Rieke and me are also working on getting VDR to
> run on Mac OS X. We have VDR 1.4.0 running on OS X 10.3.9 and 10.4.8,
> together with a few plugins.
> I think we are a bit more advanced than you, we have a special version
> of the softdevice which has native audio and video Mac OS X support (the
> video is displayed via OpenGL), and a very alpha version of an
> mminput-plugin, which makes it possible to use USB DVB devices on Mac OS
> X together with the VDR.
> However after a short look you patches to VDR seem to be cleaner than
> ours ;-)

Hi Martin,

Well this is good news as I was hopingd that someone could continue
developing this as personally I don't have too much spare time. I started
this just to test what is required to get VDR even compiled. Because it
wasn't so much, I continued also with few plugins to get also video out and
used Xineliboutput for it.

If there's any use of my patches please use them. I can provide at least
test support for Mac-VDR.

> We planned to publish our work some time ago, but up to now we delayed
> it again and again...
> Maybe we can join our efforts? If you are interested, you (or anyone
> else...) can find our special softdevice version at
>
> http://butler.physik.uni-mainz.de/~wache/softdevice-macosx.tbz
>
> We developed it using a PowerPCs, so there might be some endian problems
> on Intel Systems. The package also contains short instructions how to
> build the softdevice and ffmpeg.

I tried the softdevice plugin but it failed on shmget. I have larger shm
values in /etc/rc than in the ReadMe, any ideas what could be the problem:

Vdr start output:
[softdevice] initializing Plugin
[softdevice] Initializing Video Out
[softdevice] ffmpeg build(3349248)
cShmVideoOut: Got ctl_shmid 65536 shm ctl!
[softdevice] Subplugin successfully opend
[softdevice] Video Out seems to be OK
[softdevice] Initializing Audio Out
[softdevice] No alsa support compiled in. Using dummy-audio
[softdevice] Audio out seems to be OK
[softdevice] A/V devices initialized, now initializing MPEG2 Decoder

Client start output:
cQuartVideoOut
[vout-quartz] WindowEventHandler result 0
[vout-quartz] resized..
dsyslog:[VideoOut]: 720x536 [0,0 720x536] -> 360x288 [0,12 360x263]
[vout-quartz] result 0
init video engine
[vout-quartz] initgl
Finished Quartz constructor
ctl_shmid error in shmget!
Check if the Vdr is running with the softdevice and the option "-vo shm:"!
[vout-quartz] cQuartzVideoOut destructor
[vout-quartz] RmShmMemory pic 655361 osd 655362
dsyslog:[VideoOut]: Good bye

Mac OS X 10.4.8 running on 15" MacBook Pro 2.33 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM,
160GB HDD

--
Tero