VDR-on-Mac patches

Hi Tero,

Tero Siironen schrieb:
> I've made patches for VDR 1.4.5 and few plugins (Subtitles, streamdev and
> xineliboutput, softdevice) to run them on Mac OS X (10.4.8 Intel tested)

Funny, a friend, Stefan Rieke and me are also working on getting VDR to
run on Mac OS X. We have VDR 1.4.0 running on OS X 10.3.9 and 10.4.8,
together with a few plugins.
I think we are a bit more advanced than you, we have a special version
of the softdevice which has native audio and video Mac OS X support (the
video is displayed via OpenGL), and a very alpha version of an
mminput-plugin, which makes it possible to use USB DVB devices on Mac OS
X together with the VDR.
However after a short look you patches to VDR seem to be cleaner than
ours ;-)

We planned to publish our work some time ago, but up to now we delayed
it again and again...
Maybe we can join our efforts? If you are interested, you (or anyone
else...) can find our special softdevice version at

http://butler.physik.uni-mainz.de/~wache/softdevice-macosx.tbz

We developed it using a PowerPCs, so there might be some endian problems
on Intel Systems. The package also contains short instructions how to
build the softdevice and ffmpeg.

Bye,
Martin