Problems receiving couple of german channels DVB-S

Hello Rob,

>> Problem here is, I don't have access to the regular VDR OSD.
>
> I think it's worth using your ubuntu system to get to the vdr interface
> every now and then..
>
> Which ubuntu are you using?

feisty

> I had to download and compile xine-lib (for multiple audio streams to
> work), vdr-1.4.5 (for the development environment) and xineliboutput,
> then compiled xinelibout to run as a frontend.
>
> (if you want, I can pack my compiled archives up of these environments
> and let you just run make install on them..)

I'd appreciate that. Thanks.

> vdr-sxfe xvdr://vdrserver works to get me a vdr interface and picture.
> You can even use a remote with it - very nice for watching tv from the bed.
>
> On the server side, compile xineliboutput but don't run a local
> frontend, allow remote connections.

I am using the deb packages provided by e-tobi at the moment

> For windows, I found the vompclient excellent, although no support yet
> for multiple audio streams.  Although it won't solve the problem here of
> testing the signal level.

I am using VOMP successfully with the Hauppauge MediaMVP. After
installing the DirectX SDK the VOMP-Windows Client works ok, but as
you've said, it won't solve the signal problem.

I will go and try the ubuntu route.

Thanks for your help.
--
Best regards