frontend tuning timeouts break DD AC3 stream

On 24 Jan 2007, at 22:01, Thomas Bartschies wrote:

> Am Mittwoch, 24. Januar 2007 22:38 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
>> Thomas Bartschies wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
> [snip]
>>> I have a three FF card system. Why does vdr use the Primary Card for
>>> scans anyway? Shouldn't all of this occur on a non-primary card
>>> all of
>>
>> If VDR is currently replaying (or receiving in transfer mode from
>> an other card) the primary card is available for recording as well as
>> EPG scanning.
>>

> I forget to mention, that the problem only occurs when replaying a
> recording.
> Watching LiveTV by using LiveAC3 and even AC3 in transfer mode on
> encrypted
> channels works perfectly. So if the problem would be in the FW or
> driver, the
> problem would occur in LiveTV too, wouldn't it?

I see similar problems here, caused by the DVB driver using too much
kernel time when a card cannot tune a station.

My primary DVB device can tune all channels. My secondary cannot tune
all, for some unknown reason. Thus I have set up the secondary DVB
device as the main device used for normal TV viewing, since I don't
want VDR to try to tune to get EPG data on that card. But when
playing recordings, VDR uses the first available card, so the problem
reappear.

There is a similar problem, if I try to record a channel on a card
that cannot tune to the channel, VDR segfaults.

--
Torgeir Veimo
torgeir@xxxxxxxxx