frontend tuning timeouts break DD AC3 stream

Am Mittwoch, 24. Januar 2007 22:38 schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> Thomas Bartschies wrote:
> > Hi,

[snip]
> > I have a three FF card system. Why does vdr use the Primary Card for
> > scans anyway? Shouldn't all of this occur on a non-primary card all of
>
> If VDR is currently replaying (or receiving in transfer mode from
> an other card) the primary card is available for recording as well as
> EPG scanning.

I forget to mention, that the problem only occurs when replaying a recording.
Watching LiveTV by using LiveAC3 and even AC3 in transfer mode on encrypted
channels works perfectly. So if the problem would be in the FW or driver, the
problem would occur in LiveTV too, wouldn't it?

Is it possible that there are thread locking issues between the tuner and the
replay thread, when a timeout occurs?

I had a nasty NTPL thread locking problem with the tuner routine for a long
time, until a patch on this mailing list fixed it. It was called
dvbtuner-one-mutex.diff and was applied by you somewhere around vdr 1.3.28.
Without this vdr doesn't even start.

> > the time? How can I force vdr to not use the primary device for PID,EPG
> > and all other scans? At least for further testing.
>
> Edit cEITScanner::Process() so that it doesn't use the primary device.

How? Little hlp pls. ;-)