error on large EPG loads via SVDRP

Pjotr Kourzanov wrote:
> Luca Olivetti wrote:
>>>
>>> I have recently sent the attached patch to Thomas Koch <tom@xxxxxxxxxx>.
>>> It dramatically speeds up getting EPG information from VDR.
>>
>> I think the OP problem is the reverse: getting EPG data into vdr, not
>> out of it.
>>
>> Bye
>
>  Indeed, I was referring to the problem of loading the data to VDR.
> Tweaking the watchdog
> timer looks like a dirty workaround to me - the value depending on
> amount of EPG data to
> be loaded divided by the speed at which this data could be transferred
> to VDR (do we assume
> loopback access, or ethernet? maybe wireless or WAN/VPN access?).
>
> I have neither investigated the problem deeper yet (just found a way to
> split the EPG data into
> parts), nor looked in the source code. Is it so difficult to convince
> the watchdog that while SVDR thread is busy it is actually doing useful
> work?

Pjotr,

How did you split the information up?

I have a 17MB xmltv file which I would like to upload into VDR.

Is it possible to adjust xmltv2vdr.pl to split the xmltv epg into parts too?

My python knowledge is limited, but I am willing to have a stab at it.

--
Latest news on http://www.streetcredo.org.uk/rob

Rob Davis