VDRAdmin and character mapping

Andreas Mair <Andreas.Mair@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What language/locale do you use in VDRAdmin-AM?
> Do you use any VDR patch, that changes its character encoding?

I'm using the UTF-8 patch (because I'm using Russian and German EPGs),
and German umlauts are displayed incorrectly unless I tell the browser
explicitly to use UTF-8. In any case, vdradmin-am should give a hint
which locale it uses, by using the appropriate META header:

    <META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=utf-8">

... and use a portable encoding for buttons and menu entries, like &auml;
instead of "?", for example, because if I set UTF-8 in the browser,
umlauted menu entries are incorrectly displayed. At the moment it appears
that for example German is tied to ISO-8859-1 in the PO file. UTF-8 should
be in the SUPPORTED_LOCALE_PREFIXES list, IMHO.

Hope this helps :-)

--
Q:  How many Martians does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A:  One and a half.