[ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.7.10 plugin

Hi,

Boguslaw Juza wrote:
> On Sun, 10 Dec 2006, Reinhard Nissl wrote:
>
>> it's been a long time being busy at work and home, so I'm very
>> pleased to announce maintenance release 0.7.10 today:
>>    http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-xine-0.7.10.tgz
>
> Wow! Its playing great - now channels changes works without irritatting
> picture jerking. Good job :)

I don't know what should have changed in vdr-xine that it works now.
Maybe it's a matter of ongoing xine-lib development.

> I have one request for next versions... Sometimes VDR updates channel
> params - in log appears:
>
> Dec 10 22:42:07 toster vdr: [23323] switching to channel 30
> Dec 10 22:42:09 toster vdr: [23323] retuning due to modification of
> channel 30
> Dec 10 22:42:09 toster vdr: [23323] switching to channel 30
>
> vdr-xine takes it like channel switching - no video for while. Perhaps You
> can make any optimization to take it with no video lost?

Well, this is hardly possible. VDR stops the transfer thread, calls
cDevice::Clear() and starts a new transfer thread. So there will always
be a loss of buffers and therefore an interruption of video/audio.

> Second thing: I'm using xxmc on nVidia card. When I'm switching channel,
> there is black "no signal" screen with OSD, then blue screen (nVidia
> waiting for sync frame) and then video. Could You make an option for
> ignoring mpeg stream while sync frame appears? Blue screen without OSD
> is a little irritatting...

I own a GeForce 6600-GT, use nVidias driver 1.0-9631 and do not see a
blue screen without OSD. Can you tell me your settings to reproduce this
issue?

--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@xxxxxx