next developper version

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 10:13:22PM +0200, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Udo Richter wrote:
> >VDR User wrote:
> >>Klaus, any particular reason you're not releasing the TODO list?
> >
> >Probably to keep expectations down. If feature X is on the todo list,
> >then it might be implemented next week. Or next month. Or next year. Or
> >in 5 years. Or never.
> >But people will for sure ask every week 'when will feature X be
> >ready?'... ;)
>
> That pretty much sums it up ;-)
>
> I simply want to have the freedom to work on whatever seems like
> fun at any given time. With a public TODO list we would end up
> discussing when which feature will come and why this one is
> more important than that one...

well, I think that is one of your freedoms as free software
developer, to decide what you do with your time, and if
somebody disagrees with your priorities (which will for
sure happen, sooner or later) that person can go ahead and
implement that feature in a personal tree and submit it
for inclusion ...

I don't think that a public TODO list would change that,
nor the expectations folks have, it would just give an idea
what _you_ personally consider interesting areas to work on.

but if you think that such a list would restrict your
'freedom' in working on whatever seems like fun to you,
I'm perfectly fine with that too ...

have fun!
Herbert