FF card A/V sync suggestion

Torgeir Veimo wrote:

> On 24 Oct 2006, at 12:44, C.Y.M wrote:
>
>> Somehow, mplayer is able to detect the areas in the VDR recordings
>> that need
>> extra "padding" to keep the sync.  There must be some kind of pattern
>> in the
>> data that the player recognizes and it knows it must insert a null
>> frame.  How
>> to go about finding how it works and creating an algorithm.
>
> So you're certain that it's always picture frames being dropped, causing
> audio to be behind the video?

Despite of the lost frame, the playback seems to be in sync. On the
other side, I havent heard any jumps in sound yet.
This could only be possible when the timing of audio and video would be
different and the software would try to keep video and audio in sync by
dropping sometimes a single video frames.
On the other side, if the same recording works when playing back video
with the MP2 track, it looks like a buffering or packaging issue, as if
in this case the DD packages would not fit into a certain time scale.

With kind regards

J?rg