FF card A/V sync suggestion

Udo Richter wrote:
> C.Y.M wrote:
>> mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes -framedrop -cache 4096 -slave -nolirc
>> -quiet 001.vdr
>>
>> Notice that "-framedrop" is added to the command line.  I wonder if
>> that is the
>> reason why mplayer is "immune" to the a/v desync problem.
>
> Definitely not just that. My playback issue already disappears when
> using the most simple command line: mplayer -vo mpegpes -ao mpegpes
> 001.vdr.
>
> And just for completeness: No serious CPU load when playing back with
> VDR or mplayer.

Yes, if the extra CPU load by mplayer is not even noticeable when playing back
VDR recordings, and it is not prone to any type or desync, then I vote we all
try to figure out what mplayer is doing and repeat it. Whats a few extra CPU
cycles if it becomes much much more stable in the end.

Thanks everyone for chiming in on this one.  I really hope that this time we can
stop passing the buck and just git'r done. :)

Best Regards.