FF card A/V sync suggestion

I will chime in again and also state this has nothing to do with 1
particular channel.  This, at least in North America, happens no matter
what channel it is on.  I can't recall any live TV ever being affected,
but every recording I have has desync issues if I play straight through
VDR on a FF card, some worse than others mind you, but every one gets
out of sync.  I don't know if it is an NTSC thing or what.  I am willing
to accept that if it is, but the problem still stands.  But it sounds as
if it happens on PAL systems as well from all those that have chimed
in.  I am in no way ungrateful for everything VDR has done and all the
development from others, but this problem has been brought up many times
in the past and ends up getting dropped as mentioned.  Mainly, obviously
due to the fact the developers can't reproduce it.  But it isn't just
Mplayer that plays fine, Xine plays fine as well.  Both of these
outputting via the FF Card.  So, not just going full software mode.  So
that's 2 different playback devices that bypass whatever bugs or whatnot
you might be mentioning.  It is only when playing back through whatever
VDR is using.  It may very well be passing it straight through and the
others aren't.  But that is what we are trying to find out.  And find
out if there is a way that we can have an option if anything to choose
playback a different way.  I am not a programmer, so I don't know the
ins or outs of how this can be accomplished, but being as so many others
are now complaining about it, there has to be some way of figuring this
out.  Thanks for any insight you have on looking into this problem.