vdradmin-am and autotimer

Hi,

I'm trying to use the autotimer so I can enter in my favorite shows and
have them automatically recorded.  (I think this is functionality VDR
itself needs to have but that is another discussion).

If I use the search box on the bottom, left, vdradmin-am 3.4.7b lists the
show I want.  If I click AutoTimer, type in the same search pattern (i.e.
Star Trek Next Generation), enable Title, Subtitle, Description and then
hit "Test", nothing is listed.

What am I missing here?  Is there a plug-in needed on vdr to make this
work?

Can we try to bring together some documentation for vdradmin-am?  I
searched high and low and didn't find anything.

Thanks,
CR.