multiple keypresses with remote plugin

On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 11:43:09AM +0100, Torgeir Veimo wrote:
> Using the remote plugin with a /dev/input/eventX setup for a
> hauppauge grey remote via a nova-t sensor with X11/Xv using
> softdevice works perfectly. With the same setup with directfb single
> button presses very often are detected as multiple button presses.

I don't remember seeing a reply to this.  What does "evtest" report
when you press a button?

I had trouble with key repeat that I fixed by patching three places:
the cx88-input.c driver in the kernel, DirectFB (linux-event-input
or some such), and softdevice (video-dfb.c).

The latter two fixes were integrated, but my kernel patch was just a
crude hack: http://www.iki.fi/~msmakela/software/vdr/#cx88-repeat

> It seems somehow that there's no minimum time between button presses
> unless the X server is running. Anyone got a clue about what's
> missing when using directfb? (I've turned off all directfb input
> modules.)

An older version of the vdr-remote plugin was confused by type 0 events
(IIRC), which were reported by the cx88 driver.  However, that was fixed
a few months ago after I reported it.  I still don't use the plugin,
because it seems to significantly lower the repeat rate.  I prefer the
built-in 114 ms repeat rate of the RC5 protocol.

	Marko