AW: Doubling my available VDR disk space without cost or loss of convenience.

Norbert Goebel wrote:
> Matthias Schniedermeyer wrote:
>

>> Not excatly.
>>
>> I would call it "semy-online"-storage.
>>
>> Normaly the HDDs are switched off.
>> But as they are connected to USB-Power-Switches they can be switched
>> on/off automatically by the computer.(*)
>>

> Hi,
>
> I just got interested when I read USB-Power-Switches and the possibility
> to switch on/off the hdds automatically by the computer.
> As a quick google search only showed rubbish on the first 3 pages
> searching for usb power switches it would be nice if you could post some
> links to such products.

The ones i use are from "Gembird" and are called "SIS-pm".
http://www.gmb.nl/main.asp?mode=item&N=2755

It comes with a simple Linux-Commandline-Tool (including Source) that i
patched for my needs. AFAIR on Sourceforge or somewhere else there is
another Commandline-Tool.

Unfortunatly i can't tell you were to buy them, as i buy mine at my
local hardware-wholesaler. Last time i looked they cost 19.90 EUR + VAT
per piece.

Bis denn