Re: VDR prefers my CI DVB device for recordings and blocks it unnecessarily

Udo Richter wrote:
> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>> So how shall we distinguish between cReceivers that do actual
>> recordings and such that just receive, e.g., teletext data?
>> Or those that receive a radio channel for streaming it to
>> a remote client? Where's the limit?
>
> Is there a way to predict whether receiving a channel requires a primary
> DVB card to switch to transfer mode for live viewing? At the end, thats
> the only thing that stops us from using the primary device for
> recording, or?

The primary device only needs to go into transfer mode if the
channel that shall be recorded is the same as the one that is
currently being viewed. That's because otherwise the user could
not switch to a different channel any more.

> By the way: If this issue is the only thing that stops you from
> finalizing 1.4.2, I'd suggest reverting GetDevice to the 1.4.1 / 1.4.1-1
> code, and continue to solve the remaining issues in 1.4.2-1.

I was considering that, too. I guess that's what I'm going to do.

Klaus