Re: VDR prefers my CI DVB device for recordings and blocks it unnecessarily

Udo Richter wrote:

> The primary device should be available for live viewing as long as
> possible. Even if I do a recording, the primary device should be
> available for channel switching, and not requiring transfer mode.
> Recording is the job of the budget card.

Hmm, it's not that easy because it ignores the original intention of
this thread. It makes no sense that a CAM budget card is always used to
record a free channel, which makes it impossible to view and/or record
encrypted channels at the same time. A CAM is a valuable resource,
wasting it is obviously a bad idea.

If it's really of general interest to reserve a FF card as long as
possible (it looks this feature was requested to workaround very
specific hardware problems), I'd vote for a new VDR preference setting
to control the device priority, instead of any hardcoded recipe.

Regards,

Joern

--
Joern Reder