remote clients with xineliboutput questions

I've been running VDR for a while now with a FF card and a bunch of
dvb-t cards as a standalone system- its works great even the wife cant
live without it now ;-) Thanks to everyone especially Klaus for this
great software.

I want to use another TV with VDR and I was thinking of creating two
remote clients and converting my existing vdr server into a headless
streaming server, it looks like the xineliboutput plugin seems to
provide the best solution combined with a mini-itx board like the epia
sp 1300 (I watch a bunch of xvids) but I have some questions that I hope
soneone can help me with:

Can the two remote clients act independently to each other, with full osd?
Can timers be scheduled from the remote clients?
How reliable is this setup?
Is there a better solution?

Thanks
Jonathan