xineliboutput: "No usable fronteds"

On 21/07/06 16:04 Jens Auer wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 15:33 +0100, Richard Wall wrote:
>
>> Jens,
>>
>> I've just been writing some docs describing the way I set up VDR /
>> Xineliboutput on Ubuntu Dapper / Debian Unstable. The docs that you
>> probably want to read are:
>>
>> http://linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/DEBIAN_Compiling_VDR_Source_Packages
>> http://linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/DEBIAN_Configuring_VDR
> Is there a way to incorporate patches into the build-process? I want to
> try at least the UTF and settime patch because some files contain
> special characters and I want to run vdr not as root. I am also
> interested in the livebuffer patch (or even the bigpatch, which has most
> of the stuff in one package).

There are some optional patches included with the Debian source package,
  see "Optional Patches" in here:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-vdr-dvb/vdr/vdr/trunk/debian/README.Debian?op=file&rev=0&sc=0#
...and the patch list is here...
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/pkg-vdr-dvb/vdr/vdr/trunk/debian/patches/00list?op=file&rev=0&sc=0
...but I don't see the patches that you mentioned.

I haven't tried it, but this page also mentions patching the Debian
source packages:
http://www.murrayc.com/blog/permalink/2006/04/21/building-modified-debian-packages/

Although I suppose it might be difficult finding a version of the patch
to apply to the particular version of VDR used in the source package.

Anyway, if you figure it out, try and document it on the wiki.
--
Richard Wall