xineliboutput: "No usable fronteds"

On 21/07/06 13:41 Jens Auer wrote:
> I'm new to vdr and am now trying to set up my first system. I don't have
> a ff-card and decided to use a NVidia graphics card to connect my system
> to the TV (I considered using a DXR3, but I want to play DIVX movies as
> well, for which my computer is too slow). So, i am trying to install the
> xineliboutput-plugin.
> I downloaded, compiled and installed the 0.99rc5 version from the
> homepage, all with no errors. When I try to start vdr as mentioned in
> the README, the program immediately stops without any message. In
> var/log/messages, I found the following error message:
> sudo vdr -P"xineliboutput --local=sxfe --video=xv --noremote"
<snip>
> I use an Ubuntu Dapper Linux with the official xine-package. The xine
> input plugin is installed properly in the plugin-directory:
> ls /usr/lib/xine/plugins/1.1.1/xineplug_inp_xvdr.so
> /usr/lib/xine/plugins/1.1.1/xineplug_inp_xvdr.so

Jens,

I've just been writing some docs describing the way I set up VDR /
Xineliboutput on Ubuntu Dapper / Debian Unstable. The docs that you
probably want to read are:

http://linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/DEBIAN_Compiling_VDR_Source_Packages
http://linuxtv.org/vdrwiki/index.php/DEBIAN_Configuring_VDR

...it works for me, but I was writing some of it from memory, so I'd be
interested to know if you can follow it.

Feel free to edit it if you spot mistakes.

HTH,
--
Richard Wall