xineliboutput: "No usable fronteds"

On Fri, 2006-07-21 at 15:46 +0100, Richard Wall wrote:

> Sorry, I didn't really answer your question before, but I haven't tried
> the local mode.
>
> I'd use remote mode, even on local machine.  It's nice to be able to
> leave VDR running behind the scenes without the the overhead of decoding
> when I'm not watching.
>
> I should think that you want to use remote mode anyway; the Xine client
> being on a machine that *is* powerful enough to play your DivX.
The client itself is powerful enough for DivX replay, but not when a DXR3 is used as the output device.
Decoding DivX and desktop playback works fine (it is a 667 P3), but simultaneously encoding into MPEG for
the DXR3 is too much for the processor. Anyway, I tried to start VDR to use remote xineliboutput and the
player on the same machine, but VDR also immediately exited. Don't have the logs now, but I can try on Monday.