xineliboutput: "No usable fronteds"

On 21/07/06 13:41 Jens Auer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm new to vdr and am now trying to set up my first system. I don't have
> a ff-card and decided to use a NVidia graphics card to connect my system
> to the TV (I considered using a DXR3, but I want to play DIVX movies as
> well, for which my computer is too slow). So, i am trying to install the
> xineliboutput-plugin.
> I downloaded, compiled and installed the 0.99rc5 version from the
> homepage, all with no errors. When I try to start vdr as mentioned in
> the README, the program immediately stops without any message. In
> var/log/messages, I found the following error message:
> sudo vdr -P"xineliboutput --local=sxfe --video=xv --noremote"

Sorry, I didn't really answer your question before, but I haven't tried
the local mode.

I'd use remote mode, even on local machine.  It's nice to be able to
leave VDR running behind the scenes without the the overhead of decoding
when I'm not watching.

I should think that you want to use remote mode anyway; the Xine client
being on a machine that *is* powerful enough to play your DivX.

--
Richard Wall