Audio out of sync after change of scene in recording

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 20:58:13 +0300 Pasi Juppo <pasi.juppo@xxxxxx> wrote:

> At least for me this problem only appears with recordings thus should be
> fixable. Maybe DVB driver API needs to be extended to give information
> about the sync status and allow forced sync or something similar.

My guess is that you're using a FF DVB card as your output device, and in that
case the firmware is the one to blame. Personally I've noticed many severe
problems with those new AC3 enabled firmwares: it's not just the loss of A/V
sync in recordings, but some of the firmwares cannot handle the PTS correctly
which makes for example the DVB subtitling to behave unpredictable.

I'd still vote for using the old version 261d (or even older), if you want as
few annoyances as possible...

BR,
--
rofa