Multiple Xine-Network Instances

Am Dienstag, den 27.06.2006, 23:38 +0200 schrieb syrius.ml@xxxxxxxxxx:

> not with vdr-xine, you have to use xineliboutput. (and the 3 clients
> will have to watch the same channel)
> If you look at an independant way to watch different channel+osd
> you'll have to use one vdr+streamdev_server and 2 vdr+streamdev_client.
> (three of them with vdr-xine/xineliboutput).
> Or use vdr-xine/xinelibouput + 2 video players using streamdev as http
> source.

Ok, but Xine-Network is very comfortable in my optinion.
I had some bad experiencens with streamdev a year ago. (Mybe my fault ?)

My streaming Clients are all Bose/Zenega S101 and S100, so with zenslack
there would be a very stable and cheap option to realize my project.

Maybe it's worth to integrate VDR+Streamdev into zenslack, i will think
about that. ;)

> I hope next vdr (1.5) objetives will be to handle extensively:
> - multiple dvb cards/sources
> - regroup similar channels with priorities
> - multiple frontends watching differents channels (multiple osd,
>   global recordings/timers, ....)

Yes. Thats what I'm thinking of.
One VDR Server mith 4+ DVB Cards and mutltiple Streaming Clients.