Re: softdevice & nvidia overlay issues (Niko Mikkila)

Hi Niko,

Niko Mikkila wrote:

> What's so dumb about that? The video blitter does about the same thing and more
> through the same old XVideo extension. Actually the blitter has much better
> scaling quality and is a lot faster than the overlay on my old Riva TNT 2. It
> also seems that the open source driver uses the blitter as the default XVideo
> adapter, and doesn't even offer overlay, at least on my card. AFAIK the only

> Video textures through OpenGL seem to be the way to go since that allows
> hardware alpha blending for OSD among other effects.

Are you using one of these newer nVidia cards with VDR/softdevice?  Would
you share your settings and experiences with it?  Using the psuedo setting
for OSD I would get blinking video.  Using the "software" setting I would
get OSD but the colors were wrong during DVD playback.

Yes video textures through OpenGL is a wonderful idea, but what in VDR
land supports that?  Softdevice (according to another list member) doesn't
support XvMC so I assume it falls back on overlay support for OSD.

Thanks,
CR.