hardcoded NTSC/PAL values in VDR? FEATURE REQUEST

hotwings wrote:
> this -is- a significant issue for a lot more users than you may
> realize.  Thankfully Klaus knows this and has said it will be
> addressed in the next development run.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that remaining NTSC issues should be fixed.
However, VDR is in a stability phase of development, and we cannot
afford to break everything again, now that the dust of the 1.3.x
development settles.

> It should be noted that there are a LOT more than 'a few NTSC users'.

I don't see NTSC as 'just a few users', I see it as way too few NTSC
users. If we want to get out of the German or European corner, we need
to be more attractive to NTSC users.

> This is a bigger problem than you think and I wouldn't expect
> europeans to be aware of it unless it's pointed out.

If you want to speed things up: Use the patch posted in this thread,
test it and report all remaining NTSC issues. This will give the NTSC
development a quick start as soon as 1.5.x development starts.

Cheers,

Udo