hardcoded NTSC/PAL values in VDR? FEATURE REQUEST

Any reason this can't be added in the next developement version?  There are
many NTSC vdr users with more appearing all the time.  Enough that I would
hope fixing any existing NTSC/PAL issues would be a high priority.
Especially considering things like 25fps vs. 30fps recordings, and screen
resolution are pretty significant!