witch softdevice output depending on hard and soft

Hi,

I'm in the way of set different vdr clients based on softdevice and
streamdev-client.
Depending on each I have to decide witch softdevice output use.
For example, one client is a debian gnome desktop machine with a pci
express radeon X700.

The output of :

xdpyinfo |grep Video

Returns only XVideo. What is the best way to set that I want? I have
tried to set the xv option but when I start VDR with:

-P"softdevice -vo xv:"

It says me that softdevice is not compiled with xv support.
I have been checked the softdevice Makefile and XV_SUPPORT is set to 1
But I have noticed that when I execute in the softdevice dir the
./configure command with an option related to xv then the config.h and
config.mak don't change. For example if I execute ./config --disable-fb
I see config.h and config.mak updated.
But if I execute ./configure --disable-xv don't update anything. If
after that I execute again only ./configure anything changed again and
it must update to enable all the outputs again.

The other type of client I want set is a non x-window system based. I
have tried it with directfb without luck. The hardware is geoforce mx
4400 or 5500.

I know there is a lot of docs and I have readed a lot of them but I'm
confused about how to set the best output. I know that the fb output is
bad because cpu have a lot of work. At the moment the fb output is the
only way softdevice worked to me.
I understand that xvmc or directfb is the best way but I don't know
exactly how to set up these.

Thanks.