HD output from VDR

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 14:09:06 +0200
Mikolaj Tutak <mtutak@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> My goal is to setup VDR+Skystar2 DVB-S card to output signal on Radeon
> AGP card on DVI connector (for HDMI TV input). Desired resolution is
> 1366x768 or 720p. I found siutable vdr-xine and vdr-sotdevice plugins.
> Which one is better for HD output? Probabbly softdevice is simpler and
> less complicated.  Which mode has best quality and performance - X11-XV,
> DirectFB, vidix? Maybe some one has reached similar goal and want to
> share his experience?

There's also vdr-xineliboutput, which may be simpler than vdr-xine as
in less patching required:
http://users.tkk.fi/~phintuka/vdr/vdr-xineliboutput/

Both xine-based plugins allow the use of Xine's tvtime deinterlacing
plugins (Greedy2Frame and TomsMoComp), which are quite essential in
your setup if you watch interlaced video (sports, news, ...).

I don't know about softdevice, but generally X11/Xv is probably easiest
to get going, and it should be almost as fast as Vidix
in most cases. DirectFB will work fine too, if your card is supported.

--Niko