Livna repository vdr restart problem

Ville Skytt? kirjoitti:
> That's true, and as I don't personally have any use for watchdog (or vdr
> restart from the ui) functionality, it'd be better if someone who does
> and can actually test it would implement it.  If someone does, just
> submit it to bugzilla.livna.org and I'll see about including it in
> future package revisions.

Its actually not only about having those properties in use (watchdog or
restart) but because there sometimes does happen that vdr shuts down
(like problems in the transmission signal) and it would be nice to have
vdr up and running automatically.
> Untested guesswork: I suppose the runvdr that ships in the vdr tarball
> could be used with minor modifications, eg. so that it won't pass any
> options to vdr but relies on the packaged runvdr's functionality for
> setting them, and invokes the packaged runvdr instead of vdr.  Then, one
> could add that to /etc/inittab to suitable runlevels and set it to
> respawn, and just not use the init script.

Or one could implement some kind of external watchdog that would look
for if vdr is running.

\\Kartsa