Feature request: search EPG titles by starting letter

On the new Hauppauge Nova-T RCU, the digit buttons 2..9 are labelled
with the letters of the alphabet, similar to many push-button telephones
and most mobile phones.

VDR already supports text entry with digit keys, but it ignores all
digit keys (except 0) in cMenuSchedule::ProcessKey() and
cMenuRecording::ProcessKey().  The latter is not that much of an issue,
because it is really the user's fault if (s)he does not make use of
subdirectories.

When I'd like to search for a program by name, I could hit
Schedule 0 0 0 to get a list of all programs.  It'd be very helpful
to quick-jump to the first entry starting with 'E' by pressing 3 3.
Currently, if the list were displaying titles starting with 'U',
I'd have to hit Left very many times to reach entries starting with 'E'.

I wonder if there is already a patch that does exactly this.  It
wouldn't seem a big modification to menu.c.

	Marko