control-0.0.2a plugin and vdr 1.4.0

jik jikman wrote:
> I'm trying to compile control-0.0.2a (last version I found) plugin for
> vdr 1.4.0 but I'm getting this message:
>
> Plugin control:
> ERROR: plugin control doesn't honor APIVERSION - not compiled!

For one thing, you should replace every reference to VDRVERSION with
APIVERSION in the Makefile.

But thats not enough, you'll also need a patch, downloadable here:
http://deela.cc.fh-lippe.de/files/vdr-control/

Now it should compile, but be aware that this version has a very nasty
crash bug and will kill VDR three minutes and one keypress after
disconnecting telnet. There's a patch in this vdr-portal thread:
http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=49680

I don't know if it works, but reports are welcome. (since the remote
plugin offers similar features, I've dropped the control plugin on my
machine.)

Cheers,

Udo