RFC: recording strategy on timer conflicts

Hi,

I'm currently working on a tool that checks for timer conflicts and became
aware of the following problem:

Suppose you have the following 3 timers on a system with two DVB cards:

nr. transponder - start - priority
1. A - 20:10 - 45
2. B - 20:10 - 5
3. C - 20:11 - 50

A,B,C are different transponders. VDR will start recording from transponder A
at 20:10 with device 2. The same for transponder B with device 1.
At 20:11 we have a conflict and IMHO VDR should stop timer 2 and start timer 3
on device 1.
But when I check the logs the following occures:
VDR first stops timer 1 on device 2 and starts timer 3 on device 2. Then it
recognizes the pending timer 1 with higher priority than the running timer 2
and stops this one. So in the end all is fine, but there is a small break
about 1-2 seconds in recording 1.
The problem is, that cDevice::GetDevice handles the two devices in this case
with the same priority and therefore returns the device with the highest
number. I think one could fix this with a small change (patch against 1.4.0
is attached), but the whole thing is really complicated and I do not have a
real deep insight in the side effects ;-) , so perhaps you could give a
comment on this.

BR,

Christian