vdr-1.4.0 Makefile fixes (libsubvdr)

Stefan Lucke wrote:
> On Sonntag 14 Mai 2006 17:58, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
>> C.Y.M wrote:
>>> I noticed that some of the shared objects created in ./PLUGINS/lib have a name
>>> like libsubvdr-*.so.$(APIVERSION). (from softdevice plugin).  The following
>> Why does the softdevice plugin create such files in the first place?
>> What is it with the 'sub' part?
>
> Hm, thats because we have (optionally) a separate lib for each output method,
> and we do load them dynamic. The reason for this is, that all methods could
> be build (on a build system), but not all additional libs required for a specific
> output method need to be present at a target system. Sound complicated.
>
> When linking all into one plugin lib, all libs must be present.
> But now libvdr-softdevice.so.1.4.0, has no reference to X11 libs or DirectFB libs.
>
> Perhaps we should make the 'sub', part of plugin name, but then vdr
> tries to load such a lib as a plugin 'vdr -h' I guess.

Well, if a plugin needs further dynamically loaded libs of its own,
I guess it is indeed the easiest way to just copy them into the same
directory as the plugin's own file.

However, I'm not too happy with the "sub" naming convention.

How about, if a plugin named 'foo' needs its own lib
'bar', we name the files

   libvdr-foo.so.1.4.0   <-- the 'foo' library called by VDR
   libfoo-bar.so.1.4.0   <-- the 'bar' library called by 'foo'

(of course 'foo' can have any number of 'bar's).

Ok, basically it doesn't matter if VDR's Makefile just copies
$(PLUGINDIR)/lib/lib*-*.so.$(APIVERSION), but it's always good to
have a common naming convention, and I'd like to document this in
PLUGINS.html.

Klaus