vdr-1.4.0 Makefile fixes (libsubvdr)

On Sonntag 14 Mai 2006 17:58, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> C.Y.M wrote:
> > I noticed that some of the shared objects created in ./PLUGINS/lib have a name
> > like libsubvdr-*.so.$(APIVERSION). (from softdevice plugin).  The following
>
> Why does the softdevice plugin create such files in the first place?
> What is it with the 'sub' part?

Hm, thats because we have (optionally) a separate lib for each output method,
and we do load them dynamic. The reason for this is, that all methods could
be build (on a build system), but not all additional libs required for a specific
output method need to be present at a target system. Sound complicated.

When linking all into one plugin lib, all libs must be present.
But now libvdr-softdevice.so.1.4.0, has no reference to X11 libs or DirectFB libs.

Perhaps we should make the 'sub', part of plugin name, but then vdr
tries to load such a lib as a plugin 'vdr -h' I guess.

--
Stefan Lucke