Limit discovered channels to those that can be viewed?

En/na M.Kiesel ha escrit:
> Hi!
>
> I'm running VDR 1.4 on a DVB-S system without CICAM (so I can watch only
> unencrypted/free-to-all channels). VDR 1.4 adds all channels it
> discovers to the channels list so I've got about 1000 channels in the
> list now, including radio channels. However, only very few of them are
> actually viewable since most are encrypted. Since this is impractical
> for zapping (try to go to a channel that's located about at the 700th
> position if you don't know its exact position and almost all 700s
> channels give "Channel not available" when typing in their number ;-)
> and for example master-timer programs tons of unusable timers (since the
> EPG for encrypted channels still gets received)...

Modify the function cDvbDevice::ProvidesCa in dvbdevice.c to always
return true (I do this not only to avoid the "Channel not available"
problem, but also because there are some channels that are falsely
advertised as encrypted while they aren't).

> 1. Is there a way to limit the channels VDR adds to the channel list to
> those that can be viewed with the hardware setup?
>
> 2. Is it possible to move radio stations to the end of the list (or
> something similar)?

Not extactly but I made a patch to filter the channel list to show only
tv/only radio/all channels (and of course up and down only cycle
according to the current selection).
Look in http://ventoso.org/luca/vdr/patches for the channel-filter patch
(although it says 1.3.46 I'm using it with 1.4).
A previous version used the 1 key in the channels menu to switch the
filter on the fly, but that's no longer possible since vdr now uses all
available keys in the channels list.

Bye
--
Luca