Softdevice overlay issues & ATI continued

Hi all,

I am using softdevice 0.2.3 under X.org.  With my Radeon 9500 AGP, I am
find if resolution is not >=800x600 the overlay is very garbled.  Menus
aren't readable but live-video works fine.  Setting to software mode does
not help, with live video it too becomes unreadable.

This is bad because the TV-out runs at a 640x480 modeline, thus the
overlay is corrupted.  Refresh rate does not seem to influence the
problem.

The problem occurs with both X.org 7.0's "radeon" driver and X.Org 6.8.2 +
ATI's proprietary driver.  (I cannot get ATI's driver to load with Xorg
7.0 due to version differences).  I have not loaded the kernel agpgart, so
if the ATI driver is running it should use it's internal one.

I will add, the vertical banding issue I mentioned previously also occurs
with both X.org 7.0 (x.org's radeon driver) and with ATI's Radeon driver.

I would appreciate suggestions, below are the modules being loaded by
xorg.conf

CR.

Section "Module"
        Load  "dbe"