Softdevice

On Wed, May 03, 2006 at 04:50:00PM +0200, vdr@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I hope somebody help me again and translate the following. Thanks very much.

You're welcome.

> Ich habe bisher Screen Aspect im SetupMen? auf 4:3 eingestellt. Daher
> erfolgte
> das automatische Umschalten bei einem 16:9 Stream nicht. Mit der Einstellung
> default funktioniert es. Das bedeutet da? dies kein Fehler ist. Ich
> m?chte f?r mich
> die automatische Umschaltung auf 16:9 auch bei ScreenAspect=4:3. F?r einen
> kleinen Tipp wo ich welche Variable setzen w?re ich dankbar.

So far, I've set Screen Aspect 4:3 in the setup menu.  That is why the
automatic switching did not occur with a 16:9 stream.  With the setting
"default" it does work.  This means that there is no error [in softdevice].
I have a feature request: make the automatic switching work with
ScreenAspect=4:3.  I would be grateful for a small tip where to set which
variable to which value.

--- End of translation

Well, apparently I've been lucky, or perhaps the problem does not occur with
4:3 screens or with the Finnish DVB-T senders.  I had set Screen Aspect to
"4:3", but "default" seems to work as well.  I have set Crop Mode to 4:3.
When the source is 16:9, the left and right side will be cut out, but that
does not bother me.

	Marko